Friday, May 09, 2008

Quik Dessert for Niki


Read the papers today, and horror of all horrors another student died while in NS (National Service) camp today, and this time from as suspected case of constipation. And I was like wtf??!!?? How can something like this happen. Nobody dies from constipation, it’s utterly unacceptable, I mean..what?? I felt disappointment ache throughout my body as I read the article.

And just this morning Niki herself was telling me that she’s got a bit of problem on the potty, I told her not to worry, we’ll just drink more water and mommy will make her a fruits dessert tomorrow. It’s such an easy solution, it’s not exactly rocket science, when a kid has constipation what do you do, you ask the kid to consume more fruits of course. I mean what were the medics at the camp thinking? How can something so tragic happen?

And so to whoever out there who’s feeling our tropical heat at this point of time, it gets pretty warm and humid here nowadays and sometimes weather can be a scorching 40 deg Celsius. Here’s what I’m planning to whip up for Niki tomorrow, give it a go, it’ll definitely aid digestion

My Alternative to Pinkberry : Yogurt, Fruit and Cookie Dream
Prep Time: 10 min
Makes:2 servings

4 jars of Fernleaf’s strawberry yogurt, two jars for every serving, other flavours available are grape, mango
1 cup each: blueberries, raspberries and sliced fresh strawberries or canned fruits also can
OREO Chocolate Sandwich Cookies, chopped or any other cookies that you have in your cookie jar; it could be cornflake cookies, bran cookies anything at your disposal la
4 serving glasses (medium ones or if kids then plastic cups will do)

Crush the cookies into small bite sizes into the serving glass
Empty two jars of Fernleaf into your serving glass
Top off with a generous amount of fruits, I usually like strawberries or peaches or even dragon fruit can also do

Creative Leftovers
Use whatever cut-up fruit you have on hand. Try melon, pineapple, peaches or any of your favorite fruit or whatever which in your fridge
Or you can also add Strawberry Whipped Topping.

No comments: