Friday, May 23, 2008

AI and the sky




Caught AI yesterday, and was visibly upset coz I can't believe that David A didn't win it .. if you caught the showdown DA really brought it in all 3 of his performances -- if AI was based on that performance only, I guess DA would have won it hands down.
But I guess like everything else today, it's just not that simple, I guess it also boils down to how marketable they can be.
I, personally have always preferred DC over DA because I know deep down I'm a rocker chick, and prefer some edge rather than the sweet saccharine croons of love ballads. I guess the 12 million margin felt the same. So DC wins it and Simon apologized for being too "Simon" which I thought was ridiculous.

I've just started eading The Sky Is Crazy by Yvonne Lee and it's so entertaining, it's a light read but it is so funny :-) Will review it here once I'm through.
Update & book review
Ok I finished the book over the weekend and while it was wholly entertaining it did nothing to boost any of the important Q's; it was just a fun read. Actually I was expecting more out of the book truth be told and so I hope the writer continues on her journey as a writer and comes out with her second book which I hope can literally blow my socks off; I still have faith that Malaysian writers can write and ultimately delivers thought provoking and compelling novellas.

No comments: