Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Mama mia Pizza!

The pizza was yummy & huge :)

Niki the mischevious


Mama Mia


PJ State, quite a bit of memories there


I'm beginning to think that most of the time we're always eating; seriously I was clearing some of my old picture files so to make more room in my pc's C drive, and most of the old files consisted of makan haunts. And so to keep the tradition going here's a look at what went in my tummy yesterday.


For lunch, we were in PJ State; hence since we have some time to kill before we proceed on with our next engagement I suggested that we go to this new place called Mama Mia, it's at PJ State facing PJ's main Jalan Tengah, and located in between AmBank and Poh Kong. It's a bistro slash restaurant with a slight Hong Kong feel to it in terms of the menu. I had the Special Toast and Tung Ling Mat (honey lime juice) while Vicky had the Oriental Chicken something with their Longan, Mango & Banana smoothie. The drinks were fine and so was my toast but the Oriental Chicken was a bit disappointing in portion, I could actually count the number of fries on the plate and the salad .. don't even get me started, it was coleslaw with halved cherry tomato, yes its singular. Pretty kesian la! And they served the food on plastic plates, which is a bit of a turn off coz the pix in their menu showed otherwise. We were not expecting expensive china but plastic, c'mon la .. see, the reason being is the place looks pretty poshy and well I feel it does defeat the purpose of the neat decor when the food comes in melamine ware.

Like I said the place looks pretty poshy .. the ambience itself was nice, decor was contemporary with comfy chairs; however all this couldn't save what happened while we dined there; why you ask .. it is because one of the diner there had problem controlling his accoustic while talking into his mobile. We heard every single word said during his extremely long and irritating conversation and the thing was he was sitting on the other end of the restaurant :(

Thankfully dinner was much more pleasant; we had it at Pizza vs Satay, yeah the name's pretty interesting :) Since it was their first day of opening; dessert and coffee & tea were on the house; which was an added bonus *grin* We ordered the large hawaiian pizza which came with a very generous amount of cheese, chicken and large chunks of pineapple, the NZ baked mussels and their signature Chook satay. One word says it all YUMMY. Their prices were reasonable and the ambience and decor was really nice and cosy, which me likey... they also have assam laksa in their menu which I will definitely try one of these days.

No comments: