Tuesday, February 12, 2008

The Collage Title for today is .. CNY in Alor Star

I've crammed 5 days into one post, so here's some photos of our time in AS during the recent CNY break.




Chinese artifact hunting, my dad's & Vicky's fave past time, don't even get me started here!



Day 5 : Breakfast @ Cowboy Market's Leevin Land kopitiam..actually I know it as Telok Wanjah market which is about 5 mins walk from my old school Convent, wanted to eat at the Wan Ton mee kopitiam but it was already sold out and it was only 11am!

3rd day of CNY is "boo lang sai" (lion dance) time! Niki don't mind watching it on tv but is quite scared of the live show..this dance was at my neighbour's house


after the lion dance, went for the famous Lorong Shariff laksa & "ang tau serng" (ais kacang)


Our 5th night in AS, we had dinner in Hup Seng then went over to the Hainan Association for some antique hunting and Niki played on a very ancient xylophone


Day 2 at the Alisan Chinese Antique shop


Reunion Dinner at Ah Lian's Restaurant, serves the best Hokkien mee (prawn mee which is only available for breakfast coz it gets sold out by 11am)

3rd day of CNY was pool time for Niki, that's Vicky in his macho pose and the two new pups


2nd day of CNY is my dad's birthday, we had steamboat at home, that's Vicky fanning the charcoal since my dad prefers the old school steamboat, Sue Hay and Uncle Yap joined in!



No comments: