Monday, February 25, 2008

Krung Thep Maha Nakhon





With AirAsia and Mas whatnot having all these sales and so forth makes me feel like travelling, I am so, so tempted to just log on and use my Visa recklessly and book myself & the little family a holiday. But more so, is how much I missed Bangkok, I haven’t been back there for almost 2 years now and somehow I don’t know what is it about this bustling Thai metropolitan that I love so much. I have a good inkling though, I think I love Bangkok for its smell, its way of live, its look&feel and its people. I miss Bangkok and I wish I can get the time to go back there again.

And I guess I truly respect their people and how much they revere their King. I have a band at home that says Long Live the King, and every Monday (their King was born on a Monday), the people of Thailand will wear their yellow polo necked T with the royal crest on the left side as a sign of respect. And they do it in unity, almost everyone dresses this way on a Monday.

One have to go there and experience the city to know what I’m talking about, a lot of people has made comparison between KL & Bangkok but I beg to differ, I feel that though KL may have the spankiest malls .. it however lacks in personality, it feels bland, cold even. Living in this city sometimes makes me feel mechanical, and I don’t even get me started on how much I dislike going into the city. I thank God everyday that I live in KK despite its sand lorries!

Right now our schedule is too tight for me to book us for Bangkok, and more than ever with the business running we can’t travel that often anymore, but till then I’ll just look through some old photos and reminience about the wonderful time we had there.

No comments: