Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Deepavali ..Festival of Lights


Deepavali is just right around the corner,
21 October to be exact..
a day filled with glorious, glorious food, cookies, candy and more food.
Every year we congregate at Vicky's mom's place..this year the tradition of course continues..

And I just learnt from Amma that she baked my favourite cornflour cookies yesterday yippee!

It's always nice that the whole clan can get together and just hangout one whole day and at night we'll light some firecrackers ..the kiddies loves it, and I bet the adults aka the ones lighting it enjoys it even more..

For the uninitiated & those who'd like to know more about Deepavali click here

More importantly, it's a day where we all can come together, and when there 's good food to be had, it's always good!

I'm inviting a couple of my old buddies over too, to catch up..

And the thing with Deepavali is it really holds fond memories for me because Niki celebrated her first Deepavali 2 years ago with us, she was only about a month old back then in 2004! And our sweetie will be nearly 2 years old this coming one... !! It's a wonderful feeling..can't wait..


No comments: