Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Up & Around Alor Star

my old school site, is a sad, sad sight to behold

the Telok Wanjah wet market

More of the market, love it because it's so colourful & alive!

the paddy field from the view of my dad's hospital floor, quaintly AS innit.


my fave wanton mee shop in telok wanjah, asam laksa & sweet desserts in wah tua guan (yummy!) & yingyong at sentosa


at leevin land for breakfast, yup I had both the jawa mee & the "char kueh kark" (fried carrot cake) ..couldn't resist & my sis had bkt meesoup


scenes of AS

A trip to AS would never be complete without me getting stares from ppl becos I have a habit of photographing my food before I eat them, or in many cases, after I've had a few spoonfuls before I realized that I have not photographed them, hence sometimes photos of half eaten food, teeheehee!
While heading into Telok Wanjah I passed by the old site of my old school St Nicholas Convent, it's now a Malay kopitiam and the condition of the school is close to being dilapidated..it is indeed heart wrenching to see :-(







No comments: