Friday, April 11, 2008

The Saree Blouse Project

Sometimes, I just don’t have much to say or much going on. I had just had a four course lunch and my brain’s jammed! So instead of anything interesting I’m gonna blog about my first saree blouse that I’m getting it tailored by a shop. Usually I’m lucky to get my MIL design and sew it for me, and it would be beautifully done. Not once but all the time. As many modern gals my age I guess wearing a saree can be a drag partly because you have to drap a 7 foot long material around your body and sit through a full course dinner wearing it, did I mention that your innerwear is so tight that often regurgitate whatever that you eat, so my tip is have something light before donning the saree and eat like a bird once you’re wearing it!

And so three days ago I met up with Sujatha who’s helping me sew my really pretty white saree that Vicky spent a lot of moolah on about a year back, I’m gonna go get it tomorrow and am keeping my fingers crossed that it turns out beautiful, well you guys can help me keep your fingers crossed too!

No comments: