Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Hot In & Out


my laksa and cincau


the interior

where we sat


It was 40 degrees out, we were in Klang for an appointment.
It's definately past lunch hour and I'm cranky from the lack of much required lunch carbs.
While driving past Jln Batu Nilam area in Bukit Tinggi (diagonal to the new Aeon Jusco mall) I saw a kopitiam called Pappa Kopitiam, Vicky will agree here that when it comes to food, my eyes and nose are much better compared to a hound's. So there we were at Pappa, hungry, thirsty and I grumpy. I swear the ID of a kopitiam nowadays is no joke, it was beautifully done with dark finishing, lots of dark wood, which obviously reminded me of my own home. Too darn humid for al-fresco so we opted to sit inside right next to the ac.

Yay, there's Asam Laksa in the menu so ordered that with iced cincau (that's a deadly combo, and one that can't go wrong!) & Vicky had the Economy fried mee-hoon. Although the ambience was great my food was kinda not so great. The laksa I had was much too spicy and killed my tongue's senses that I couldn't even taste whatever that I was chowing down. And there's Oz lettuce in it (!!??!!) which is kinda puzzling, what's with the lettuce??!! And it's rm7.80 a pop! Sad to say I was a bit disappointed with the laksa as I expected that more pride be put into its preparation (see their editorial in their website). Well the cincau was a saving grace at least but how hard is making cincau anyways right?

Vicky's meehoon on the other hand was pretty good and was served really hot. Being Malaysian obviously we fancy hot pipping food, or else it's not as good!

Overall it was ok, and I guess alot of it was attributed to the fact that we were starving!

Another point to note, we saw cows grazing under the sweltering sun in the middle of the posh-y Bukit Tinggi neighbourhood, that's something you never see everyday!

No comments: