Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Papa Nara's Birthday @ Grand City PJ

teeheehee .. Mohan looking mafioso

the cake and the wifey-poo fed lovingly by the birthday boy (looked on by a pesky third wheel)


see, this is why I love candid shots!


group photo of everyone, see Niki & her mommy got same-same pose one

Had a grand old time at Grand City Restaurant, PJ.

That's where the whole gang convened to celebrated Papa Nara aka Bird Tata's birthday yesterday night. Such a hoot, so bising coz all the kids were there and running around, into each other, over each other and such. It's always wonderful to have everyone around. The mood was cheery, the ambience was warm and the best thing is that the family is all together, can never get better than that!

And ahah! I think Mohan looks so much better in the pix on top right ?!!? *points up* -- Mohan was complaining that he didn't look like his usual suave self in the picture that I posted under the Ambar's Wedding post! Being the budding photographer that I am, I like to capture the candid moments, so with candid it sometimes come together with goofy grins, wonky eyes & etc one lar.

The cake was Walnut Brownie *so yum* can pengsan dot com! Had two slices before I realized that my spare tyres were bulging out, so stopped myself before I devoured the next piece...which looks so bloody inviting, dang!

Ooopppsss a bit off topic there, so back to the birthday, after a really filling banana leaf meal of which Grand City is so popular for, we kumpuled all the kiddies together at the back of the restaurant to chaperone the cake, Ammu and I lit the candles and Yanu was in charge of holding the rather large cake while tthe rest of the kids will be walking together with the cake while singing Happy Birthday on top of their lungs. So the cake arrived safely at our table *phew* coz no one tripped (eh they're kids right and the cake was a 1.5kg one ok..) and we sang another round of Happy Birthday before than man of the hour blew out his sixty-six candles.

After cake, a long goodbye at the front entrance of the restaurant where lots of air kissing and hugs ensued before we finally said goodbye and all of us went back to our own homes really happy, I think it was partially the high that the food emitted. Coz the next thing I knew ~ me, Vicky & Niki got into our jammies and were in bed and unconscious before 11pm! Tired from eating, yo! Did I hear an oink, oink?

ps. a bit of marketing of the restaurant, they were superb hosts, all the waiters were extremely helpful, the food was scruptious and they even gave the kids a box of chocolates :-) That's a thumbs up in my book!

No comments: