Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Chores and Whatnot

I have a slight problem with cleaning the house, my problem is I'm kinda obssessed in keeping everything spick & span and will freak out at a mere sight of a strand of hair on the tiled floor. After a hard day's work I'll come home and stress myself out more by finding things (yes you read it right I find things) to clean. So this my personal own OCD! And so Vicky said enough was enough and that he couldn't take it anymore and personally neither can I, and he made me plan out a schedule of chores. I'm pretty happy with the results and I simply adore the chores schedule that I drew myself with some help from Niki's colour pencils.
My weekends are now free from any cleaning and I can't even touch a duster if I do Vicky's gonna get me! So now, I'll do most of the housework on Mondays which includes sweeping, mopping, dusting and cleaning the bathrooms. Laundry days are Mondays, Thursdays and Saturdays only. The rest of the days are doing nothing days except spending Q-time with Vicky & Niki.
I started the "chores schedule" yesterday, our home is sooooo clean coz I scrubbed, dusted, swept and mopped everything properly (I think cleaning gives me a high!) and I now feel pretty good knowing that I don't have to do anything much for the rest of the week. I guess this was what I really needed to curb my obssessive compulsive behaviour on cleanliness. There must be a stop to this coz at the end of it if I do it like what i did previously it's only make me all exhausted at the end of the day. So I must thank my bunny for helping me see the light at the end of the broom.
Today, well today it's nothing to do day!

No comments: