Monday, August 18, 2008

No wonder la

How come its cheaper to book online than thru the phone?
Because they make you take out your credit card and pay upfront online!
A friend of ours have been planning a Genting trip, sometime in ealy September and we thought why the heck not, but as I was making the booking, a nagging fear crept up .. I can't sleep well there .. most times I'll be drifting in and out of a light slumber and I'll wake up looking like a panda in the morning! Perhaps I should reveal that a long, long time ago (circa the 80's) I had a creepy exprience in Genting Hotel, I'm not gonna dwell into the details but it could either be my eyes were playing tricks on me or it wasn't at all an optic illusion; well that was nearly 25 years ago .. and it doesn't matter which hotel we check into the problem still presists, coz we've tried 'em all with the exception of the new Maxim suites which is a tad too much to pay weighing in at RM1,600 per night..Genting is not exactly the Four Seasons .. so no I'm not loony enough to cough up that much dough to sleep on eqyptian cotton sheets! Instead we took the 888 package thingy, I'm not too fond of First World Hotel, because the checking in is an absolute nightmare and hence most times I'll book us into Resort Hotel but with the school holidays in full gear it's close to impossible to get any rooms in any of the other hotels. And to douse my imsomnia .. perhaps I should take my own tried and tested remedy this time .. I'll make myself a nice cup of warm cammomile tea before I turn in.. yeah I think I'll do that .. haven't tried that one previously..

No comments: