Monday, August 11, 2008

Career Mommy

Niki has been ill with a tummy virus for a few days now, we initially thought that it was only a case of food poisoning but it has morphed into something more serious, Dr Ding saw her this morning and confirmed that it's indeed a viral thing. Prescribed Augmentin and Niki's now on medication hopefully she's better soon. With work I have realized that as much as I want to take care of her during this time it is simply not possible with work heaping on me left, right and centre. And so Niki's gonna be with her Amama for the next couple of days and will be back either Wednesday or Thursday.
My eyes welled up as I said goodbye to her this morning, and sent her off with her overnight bag. Niki ran up twice and gave me a bear hug and showered me with kisses somehow I think she knew that Mommy needed that. And she's the one under the weather and I should be the grown up and the one comforting her (fail!) .. she told me not to worry and she'll see me the day after tommorrow, I told her to have fun at her Amama's... and don't be such a drama queen! I sped off soon after even before she got into her Tata's car so that she doesn't see me get all teary eyed. Conflicting emotions faced by every career moms I guess. As I sit here writing this post, my heart feels all constricted, and I'm resisting the urge to pick up the phone and calling her to just say hi ..

No comments: