Wednesday, August 20, 2008

I Cried during Wall-E



I'm such a wuss, cried while watching the movie's ending pretty embarassing when 3/4 of the crowd is below 10 years of age. Still I know I'm a romantic at heart and will cry even if it's an animated feature! I also realized that Niki can now understand and read emotions better (movie spoiler ahead) and was asking me why did Wall-e felt so sad and I told her it's because Wall-e was lonely and was longing for a friend. She understood and she was ecstatic when Wall-E and Eve was reunited at the end of the movie and Niki said that Wall-E and Eve lived happily ever after!
Spending the afternoon with Niki yesterday at Bukit Tinggi was fun, it was just the two of us, and after the movie we went for window shopping (no I didn't buy her anything at all yesterday!). While meandering around we saw that Kinder chocolates were having some colouring contest, so we joined! It was loads of fun and we enjoyed ourselves so much. Then, afterwards Niki had her hand painted with a butterfly motif! There was also a singing competition but Niki was not really keen on testing out her vocal prowess yesterday :)
I realized how caught up with work I have been lately and it's really nice to take some time to chill and unwind by spending time with the momo. I'm really up to my eyeballs in the office but the boss asked me to just take the afternoon off and have fun, it was very much needed and it's nice when the only pain you feel is not the one from spending hours in front of the pc but from stomping the grounds of Bukit Tinggi's ginormous mall.
Here's a snippet of Presto, which was a short animated reel before the "Wall-E" movie .. it was so, so funny! Niki thinks Alec the Bunny is the cutest!

No comments: