Tuesday, March 27, 2007

A TV Post

Once a upon a time I was a telly addict. My dad used to scream at me for my vice. I mean c’mon I was a kid, and there was nothing much to do as a kid anyways right? But since adulthood I have been watching less and less at each passing year. Now I hardly watch tv, coz my weekday will probably be like this;

7.30am : wake up & mad rush
8.30am : out of the house
9.00am – 5.45pm : in the office
6.30pm : have dinner
7.30pm : feed Niki her dinner
8.00pm : bath time for Niki
8.20pm : bath time for me
9.00pm : catch up with the other half on what happened during the day
10.00pm : read some and then put Niki to bed while reading her a story or a rhyme
10.45pm : time for the adults to hit the sack

So the telly has been left out of our lives equation and only on Tuesday and Wednesday nights will we be watching something, and that something is Las Vegas or CSI. They say tv’s bad for you. I disagree, I think you should supervise the kids’ TV time, and not just let them watch aimlessly for hours. That said, if it was a toss-up between TV and a book, I’ll choose a good book anytime.

Trivia : Apparently, Madge does not believe in telly either and does not allow her kids to watch any. Wonder how’s that going?

No comments: