Thursday, September 20, 2007

My Little Dreamer

I woke Niki up for school this morning at 7.30am; and had to get her ready by 8.15am so that she be at school at 8.30am. Why am I stressing about the time?? Coz already got reminders from her teacher to send her to school early. So I've got to bulk up or face the wrath of Niki's pre-school teachers! So I choose to be on time instead.
I woke the little poppet, by telling her to wake up coz she's got concert practice to which she replied "teacher told Niki to stop dreaming" .. So my kid is a dreamer and will zone off when she's on stage, I expressed my worry to her daddy who had this simple solution ... the kid is not even three yet, so let's not drill or bog her down with rules and whatnot..instead let her enjoy her 15 minute of fame her way..
I thought to myself, on how right this sounds, I am becoming one of those pushy parents whom I use to cringe whenever I see them reprimanding their kids in public for not performing up to par..but what is the par? Why is there a par, and there's certainly no need to measure our kids against what we think is right or trying to relive our childhood through our children, that's just so wrong. So I made a silent promise to myself to not conform to the peer pressure of over pushing our kids. So what if she zone out, according to her dad ..the least we could do is catch the footage on video and use it to embarass her once she's all grown up.. now that sounds like fun!

No comments: