Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Playing catch-up

My friend Karen called me a few days back to meet up, see, I'm lucky I have friends like her who really make an effort to catch up. Karen was my college buddy a long long time ago when I took up Hotel Management, and really apart from looking better as every year passes, she has not changed a bit, still funny, warm with a wonderful sense of Malaysian humour.
Well not that much has changed actually, except that these days Karen & Dennis totes their their 7 month old Kaylie for our late lunch at Friday's @ The Curve. Just a few months back I blogged that Karen welcomed her bundle of joy into the world and swoosh, seven months has passed and Kaylie now has 4 teeth already and well on her way to taking her first baby steps. The girl is adorable I tell you, nice and chubby with cute doe eyes reminience of Karen's own.
So we caught up with our lives over scrumptious food, and had an absolutely wonderful time together. Kaylie was ever nice and stayed alert and happy throughout our long lunch, and it was Niki who got antsy, and wanted to go shopping. We of course took her once we said our goodbyes to Karen, Dennis and Kaylie.
On the way into the Curve, Niki saw Baskins and forced her Daddy to get her ice-cream. She finished it all by herself and Mommy and Daddy didn't get any, well we got to wipe the ice-cream off her face though. Big bully that one I tell you!

No comments: