Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Alor Star Now

I've been so super busy lately, that's why I haven't been posting regularly..
Coz I'm a blog addict, so if I have been laying off then that means I'm super duper busy @ work, which is drats!
Ah how I wish I was back in Alor Star again, being back in my kampung was super glorious..
did you know that roti canai there is only 60 cents, wan than mee is only RM1.80, unbelievable, yeah you better believe it.. that's Alor Star for you..
And being in the home I grew up brought back so much fond memories, it's typical kampung as in you wake up to the sound of chickens, etc..my dad & mom recently renovated and the place, so now there's q lot of space for them to do their thing..and they have even installed ana alarm system called Ang's Alarm, heeheehee I like the name, the reason for the alarm was several weeks ago our immediate neighbour's home was broken into by a couple of burglars, so my parents now are seriously paranoid, can't blame them really..and the police does their rounds in the neighbourhood too in their squad car.. I mean AS is still much more saver than KL can ever be, but shizz does happen too once in a while..
The best thing was Niki got to bond with her other set of grandparents, and my mom & dad really dotted on the cheeky tot.. so Niki was treated like a princess, tell me when is she not?
And Niki got to play with my parent's doggy too, my parents own a mini pincher named scooby, and u know what niki can immitate scooby's bark pretty well, she sounds like a pincher too.. and can call scooby by name..
it's nice bringing her back to my kampung..I hope to take her again soon, and vicky & i can indulge in our laksa lemak craving in wah tua guan, only RM3 and the tong sui ie. lo hon guo with gingko is only RM2 and is superb!!!!!!
And yeah if you remember blogging about Old Time Cafe, well it's actually Old Tune Cafe, a really nice place and the decor is really authentic, wonderful zen-like ambience on the way in, and the makan place is really comfy and truly nyonya chinese. Their specialty is duck, which we tried, which was heavenly you gotta taste it to really savour it.. yum, really succelent and the sauce omg!!!!!! Only RM14 for half a bird, and the best thing is the duck is prepared in-house, we found out when we took a tour of the 2nd floor and there's a patio where all the ducks were hung after being grilled (i think, that's the process). And the chop suey, yum! Truly yum! Only RM3 for a med bowl..can pengsan right the prices..
Ah how I miss the food, food here kinda suck!
Well I gotta go back to work now.. my boss in on the way back ..dang _ _
^
xoxox

No comments: