Monday, June 25, 2012

Nikita's First Piano Exam

After two years of learning piano, Nikita finally was ready to take the formal ABRSM exam and advance to Grade 2.

It was a sunny Friday as we drove her to the venue which was the Hilton PJ, and the girl was excited, we told her in brief what to expect and to perform for the examiner.

As we were early, we waited about 40 minutes before it was Niki's turn, the usher came in to call her name and off my daughter went for her exam, Mummy was feeling more nervous than she was and was pacing up and down the corridor, the exam will take only 10 minutes, from down the hall I could hear her going through the motions ie. scales, broken chords, aural exam, before playing the designated 3 pieces. And then, it was over.

Niki ran down the corridor with a triumphant smile, and I knew she had aced it. I couldn't be more proud of her. For now we will await for the formal results to be out in late August.

Another milestone for my Nikita.

No comments: