Monday, October 06, 2008

Deepavali shopping






We're already in October, and just came out from a week long holiday .. I did alot of sleeping in, reading & watched Mamamia! And now I can't get the song out of my head .. "Mamamia .. here I go again, my, my how can I resist you! .."

Last Saturday, we went jalan-jalan to Jln Tengku Kelana or better known as Little India in the heart of Klang town. The colours, the atmosphere, and the latest Tamil top hits surrounded us as we went about looking for our Deepavali togs. I'm keeping to the Autumn/Winter 08 colours, so was looking at a lot of browns and golds and finally Vicky chose 2 really nice, sparkly Punjabi suits both in rich matte gold but of different cut and design. I've come to realize that sometimes my taste in tradisional outfits may be a bit off. After a hard day of shopping (*wink*) we found ourselves in the famous mee goreng restaurant again and of course ordered the mee goreng, the thing is the presentation of the food is definitely nil but omg like many hawker type food, it was so, so sedap *slurp*

And Niki the budding photographer was the one who took most of our photos while we browsed, and oohhh-ed and ahhh-ed at the endless rows of sarees, bangles, accessories, and yup my personal favourite .. Indian silverware. I love the Deepavali season and this year I'm gonna bake me & the fam some cookies too :) .. can't actually wait for the 27th!

No comments: